Reliable Mac Book Pro Repairer

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by shayne 13 yrs ago

Hi

My Mac book pro's [out of warranty] trackpad has stopped working - the mac forums suggest it could be a swollen battery problem. The authorised agent CASE in wtc is asking for 10+ days and HKD600 just to look at it and then whatever extra for parts

Can anyone recommend a good mac repairer who would not charge arm and a leg and turnaround the fix quicker

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Lawrence24 13 yrs ago
Yes there is one Sai kung...........sorry about the colloquial directions but go to the first car park , and park if you can, then walk past the temple a right and then soon as possible a left that alley way there you will find the mac teckntions of your dreams, plus they always throw in some ultra useful software for free like windows what ever that is or corral draw, just what ever is lying aroun.

axptguy38 13 yrs ago
Match Power at Shop 202-204, 2/F, Wan Chai Computer Centre. Patrick knows what he is doing. Will charge 80-150 to look at it, but that folds into the repair. Typically 1-3 days turnaround.

laiging 13 yrs ago
thank u for recommending repair shop. water got into my 10 month old 13 inch mac book pro (my daughter blamed on rain??!) and Case quoted hkd7500 (water damage not covered by warranty, but free inspection) to replace the 'exchange logic board'. I hope somebody else save my mac!! at this cost, i will get a new one instead.

CaptDave 12 yrs ago
Avoid CASE.

My macbook pro was out of warranty & I took it to CASE WTC. They charged a fortune, took 1 week to complete the job, and bent the case.

Kate2012 12 yrs ago
I spilled water on my macbook pro 15" and logic board was broken. CASE quoted me 8000 HKD to repair :( so I went to Macwin Technology in tsim sha tsui as suggested by friend. They did pretty good job and fixed my water damage machine under 3000 HKD. They are quite famous for liquid damage repairs as the guy showed me many macs and iPhones with various kinds of liquid damage. I m very happy now with my mac and all my data is there. Hope this info is helpful :)

Macwin Technology

http://www.macwintech.com

GeorgeB 12 yrs ago
Heloooooooooo

My macbook got virus last week & I went to shop match power in wanchai but the guy in shop said he don't know how to deal with mac virus and asked me to get new Hard drive instead also he said no files can be copied as virus infected data cannot be recovered.

Then I tried Apple in IFC and staff told me they will wipe off everything and re-install system but cannot recover files as they don't provide that service. I had all my pictures and business emails on my mac and that crazy adware did not allow me to control anything or open any application to make backup.

Finally as recommended by Kate2012 Macwin technology i thought of giving it a shot my last hope to save data. Luckily out of the blue over there I end up meeting a technician who use to work with government department in his country as security engineer. This guy really knew in and out about this mac virus and helped me removed virus plus he was also able to track from where and how i got it. All my emails and photos are saved now pheeeww. Kate thanks for sharing information I have no words to tell you how useful this info was for me.

Macwin good job keep it up!

George

davidyau@163.com 9 yrs ago
My daughter goes to CDNIS and she got a Mac book pro that are required by her school. Her macbook had two problems for the past four years, one was the battery problem and the other was hard disk problem. I took her macbook to Wanchai computer centre to fix and there were many shops there who were fishing to try to pretend they are macbook experts and I had to pass almost six shops before I met this guy Andy on the 3rd floor, Andy helped me fix my daughters macbook last year and recently and he charged me 250 for the hard disk problem which I thought was reasonable, and this time he detected the problem was due to my daughter power supply and asked me to buy a original apple charger which cost me 400, which was the same as it was at apple shop. he didnt charge me extra for his work, he said he had been in the pc and mac repair industry for18 years and as he was resaonble and professional and i told him i would post my experience on the discussion fourm as I think he is a good guy, his shop is on the third floor of the north west corner of the wanchai computer centre. they specialize in repairing mac book and some apple products like ipad and iphone

higacar 9 yrs ago
Hi David,
May I know the shop name or tel no. Of the shop you had you Mac repaired on the 3rd floor at the wanchai computer centre please? I looking to have mine checked for repair.
Thank you. CH

Onkarsingh 9 yrs ago
For any Window computer or Mac repair you can contact me at 62063497.
So Nice Computer Repair.
I do not charge for inspection and "No Fix No Fee".

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad