Shipping wine

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Ukjny 11 yrs ago
I'm shipping my personal wine collection from California, does anyone know a refrigerated container company

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
community advice 11 yrs ago
I suggest you contact Crown Worlwide, tel 2636 8388, www.crownworldwide.com. They have offices in the US and here and will be able to advise on shipping your wine.

Hope that helps

Community Advice Bureau

Ed 11 yrs ago
http://www.hongkongmovingcompanies.com/

Orix 11 yrs ago
Crownworldwide is only one of the options, might not be the best options. Once in a while there is a so-called world no. 1 wine logistics operator who can offer the best service. Afterall, a solution came out to be more than 50% cheaper than that and the service excellence was maintained!

woods99 11 yrs ago

If the wine is good enough to be worth the expense and effort of shipping it all that way, it is probably too good to take the risk with it. No matter how professional the shippers are, it will be shaken and shocked.

Orix 11 yrs ago
There are wines shipping around the world everyday. No matter it is a bottle of 82 lafite or whole lot of quality fine wine. Shipping own wine from a location to another location, it is supposed to file an insurance cover before acting a move like this. The risk can pass over to insurance company.....

lameloise 11 yrs ago
We used Kerry Logistics. We were very pleased with the services and the price.

woods99 11 yrs ago

Orix,

The wine can be damaged in the move, but the damage is not obvious until you drink it. There is a big difference between a corporation moving wine from one business premises to another, compared with a private move. At either end of the private move, it is likely that small, inexpert carriers are involved, and that is where the damage might occur.

Orix 11 yrs ago
Making assertions from 0 ------------------------------ 1, 2 to the power x possibilities, GREAT~~LOL ~~~ In that sense, the executor who completed a whole lot auction Latour worth multi-billion dollar project must be an 'inexpert'~~

woods99 11 yrs ago

Not quite sure what point you are making Orix. A multi-billion dollar project?

I am pretty sure that most wine experts would agree that it is better not to move fine wine. Yes, there would be exceptions, for example when a cellar has to be auctioned because of death or financial problems, and obviously the new owners would have to move the stock to their own premises.

nttaipei 11 yrs ago
Woods99 - so when I buy a nice bottle of French wine here in HK how was it shipped? Surely inexperienced hands were involved in the move.

Using your logic you should only ever drink a fine wine at the point that it was bottled... I think perhaps some are taking the 'risks' to an extreme level here...

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad