AiiiiYaaa cable TV is verbal agreement legally binding

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by pukerface 11 yrs ago
Hi,

Can anyone give me some advice?

I accepted an extended contact with icable over the phone thinking they still had uk premiership football. I didn't hear the salesman clearly as I was outside and I think he said it very quickly. Icable said they have my conversation with them recorded with the salesman saying that they no longer have uk premiership.I want to cancel with icable but they say I can't because of the recording they have. Does anyone know whether I can cancel? I have not signed any contract and ive finished a 2 years contract with them recently

Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
arrigoa 11 yrs ago
All I can say is jolly good luck, both icable and pccw, are well known to stich up and double cross consumers, sadly we seem to get very liitle support from the consumer council. However, if you get no joy from icable, then contact the HKCC http://www.consumer.org.hk/website/ws_en/

Beermoney 11 yrs ago
Do you think a company as disorganized as they are, would be able to track down the recording? A few years ago I took Now TV to task over a contract where I asked them to provide the original contract. They couldn't, so they folded.

nttaipei 11 yrs ago
dispute it & demand to hear the recording. Conversations are recorded to protect both the consumer & the business.

I wouldn't trust a word they say. Take Commonwealth Bank of Australia case recently. Dodgy Financial Advisor was putting pensioners into highly agressive investments as they paid highest fees. When clients lost life savings as asked why they were in these risky investments we saw CBA personnel forge signature on altered documents & sent as proof of innocence.

Demand to hear recording, and at same time lodge a dispute with your credit card company. They should stop payment pending investigation.

Spixta 11 yrs ago
They did the same to me. They phoned me in January 2013 and asked if I wanted to have a free month of the movie channel. Apparently I agreed to sign up for another 2 year contract! this is about the same time as they lost the BPL. i am furious with their deception and I am not going to let the crooks get away with it! Don't sign up to cable tv!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad