black spots appearing on ceiling n walls

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by bbcc123 11 yrs ago
Would like to know as to y does the ceiling n walls turn black in HK (i.e. some black spots like mould appear on the celing and walls.) Pls advise.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
bbcc123 11 yrs ago
Thanks ! Great12

someone told me the upper apartment floor maybe leaking due that is y the lower apartment celing is black with spots. Is this the cause also. I am just wondering how could the uppor appartment floor leak? (very absurd )

Thanks once again.

bbcc123 11 yrs ago
Thanks a lot for your reply Great12.

Cheers!

Nobby15 11 yrs ago
I also had mould appearing on the ceiling. I cleaned it off with bleach and painted with Dulux Gold which inhibits mould growth. I also invested in a dehumidifier and the problem stopped.

glenpm 11 yrs ago
its due to high rates humidity and poor ventilation. advise not to clean it with wet stuff...

repainting will do, and always secure ventilation by using dehumidifier every after using air-condition.

bbcc123 11 yrs ago
Thanks ! nobby15 & glenpm. I will follow accordingly.

annajojo 11 yrs ago
glenpm

so you recommend not use wet stuff cleaning...god...i just done it the other day

dont u think if i let those windows open to allow fresh air can do?

bbcc123 11 yrs ago
super76, Fresh air is all round but the windows were not much open. but now it will not be so after all the advice got from you all. Thanks :)

bbcc123 11 yrs ago
oh! so windows should be opened wide for fresh air when it is bright n sunny.

Nobby15 11 yrs ago
You will need to kill the mould before painting, that's why I used bleach. This was over a year ago and the problem has not returned.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad