Landlord responsibilities ?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Taylormax 11 yrs ago
kind of related to my other post here.

Today my front door lock broke when I closed the door. It is a old codelock door. I informed the landlord that told me to say it to the security guards, I had my Chinese girlfriend call the landlord to explain in Chinese what had happened and that I doubt that the security people will come and change the lock, the landlord said that he dont care and he never lived in the apartment and would not pay to exchange the lock. The landlord is very reluctant to make any improvements in the apartment, there is also a drain that dont work and two aircons that just blow hot air. Can anyone tell me the proper procedure, and what my rights are ? I understand I should give written notice to the landlord about any problems, but when he just says that he dont care what should I do ? I will change the lock tomorrow and pay for it myself so I can lock my door. I seriously consider moving but for sure I need a lock on my door. I paid two months deposit but the landlord has not given me a contract and I doubt he will, as he said he dont care because he dont make any real money from me. I dont think that should be the issue, but im really worried and feel quite cornered as I dont have money to move and also have a problem with my neighbour under the same landlord. I suspect that the landlord wants to keep my violent neighbour as he is a handyman (even he has no work visa for HK) and then give me most trouble to force me to move by myself... Please advise...

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cookie09 11 yrs ago
you have interesting friends....

change the lock yourself and don't bother about the cost. it's not worth it.

my suggestion is to stop paying rent and move out after 2 months. your neighbour and this landlord are not worth it

Posh_rocket 11 yrs ago
Yes moved out better!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad