Expiring visa, what to do?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Richthofen 11 yrs ago
Dear all,

After reading this forum a lot, I now find myself in need of advice.

My tourist visa is expiring this week and I would like to stay here longer nevertheless.

I read about runs to Macao or mainland and then coming back on the same/different day.

I visited the immigration tower a couple of weeks ago asking about a one-month extension I saw on their website. The guy told me I had to be on my last week to apply for such extension (it was at that time too early) but he would rather recommend me to go to macao and come back the day after. I asked him what would happen if I was refused at the border, he said I'd be given a few days and I could come to the tower to ask for the extension.

Is it too good to be true?

Second thing is, what if I get my tourist visa renewed and then like the city so much that a company gets to offerme a job and sponsor me for a visa? would the visa run (successful) hinder my chances of getting a proper work visa?

Just to give you more details:

I'm under 30, look very white, from a G8 country and about to see my first ever tourist visa in HK or any country in the world for that matter.

I have taken no jobs at all in hk and have solely been doing tourism thus far.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
HarryB 11 yrs ago
A short trip to Macao will do, to extend your visa. Actually, you'll receive a new tourist visa upon return to Hong Kong.

In case you find a sponsor for a working visa, this will work, too. However, the employer must clarify why he wants to employ you instead of a ;local person. That however should be no problem......

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad