Visit Visa /Dependent Visa

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by windermere 11 yrs ago
Recently married and moved to HK. My spouse works in HK and I am currently on a visit visa.

I was able to get an extension for 14 days .In case my dependent visa does not come though can I submit an application for a second extension or should I exit the country and reenter?

We have submitted the application for the dependent visa but are yet to hear from immigration department however, one of the supporting document was not submitted. Would it be wise to resubmit the application or wait for the immigration department to revert back?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
punter 11 yrs ago
I say wait for Immigration. Before your visitor visa lapses, just apply for extension. Going out to Macau or Shenzhen should also be fine.

windermere 11 yrs ago
Thank you for the information .

I did make an exit to Macau not sure if I'll be lucky the second time .

I have not received an acknowledgement from the immigration though the documents were submitted in person.Is an acknowledgement sent by mail or were we supposed to get it at the counter when we submitted it ?

punter 11 yrs ago
If I remember it right, when you applied for the visa (dependent visa) there was an accompanying self-addressed envelope (which means they're going to mail it to you). It's always cheaper to apply for extension, unless it's okay for you to travel out of HK every so often.

It will not hurt, I think, if you can drop by or give them a call and followup your case.

HKLEV 11 yrs ago
Send immigration an email, or call them. They are generally very helpful and quick to respond.

windermere 11 yrs ago
Thank you Punter and HKLEV for the pointers .You've been helpful. It is indeed a great help when one takes the time out to respond and also give the exact information to queries posted when a person is in a new country.

E mails did'nt help however, I made a second visit to the immigration office and the officers I met today were indeed very helpful in terms of communicating the information which I asked for .

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad