Went to extend my husbands visa yesterday, they said i would get the results in the post?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by yuna1 10 yrs ago
Hello everyone, new in the forum here

So i went to extend my husbands visa yesterday morning, which expires within 4 weeks. The process went very quick, i was quite surprised. We reached earlier than our scheduled time & were called in earlier too, the reception gave us a tag number & told us to wait till we are called or it says on those screens they provide, after just about 10minutes, we were called to see one of the officers.

We brought along the required documents, we were then asked to show him my husbands passport, both our ID cards & he checked the forms ID91, ID481a & ID481b.

He ticked off on the forms saying it is all correct, now he gave us a sticker where we should write down our home address and my husbands name, we did that & he told us that the results would be posted to us by post, the officer then gave us a piece of paper with a reference number on it.

Thats it, then we left. Is this normally how it is done? Because my friend who went through the same process with his wife, he was given the visa the very day he got the appointment booked?

Or is it because i have not been in hk for over a year, the reason i have already stated on that form, my mum was having health problems & so i went to take care of her. I had brought along my mom's medical certificates explaining her condition, but the officer never asked for it and i didn't give it to him either. He just said we should hear back from them shortly, through a letter.

If you have any idea about this please help.

Many thanks!

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad