MOVERS holding our furniture hostage! pls advice!

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by thepanorama 10 yrs ago
What should we do? We are doing a simple local move from 2bd room 11000 sqft Apleichau to same size condo in Taitam with 1 weeks storage. A mover came to estimate and he gave a quotation by email for all-inclusive (pack & unpack, move out july30 to storage, 1 wk storage, move in to new condo Aug7) for 12k. He asked deposit $8000 cash first day he came to move. Now he has my furniture & belongings in "his friend's storage" in Tsuenwan. He sent me message that he underestimated the volume and now he cannot finish his job and I hve to pay for storage and find another moving comopany to finish the job !! What consumer right have i got in Hk? Which department should I complain to? Should I go to the police?? He is avoiding calls now.. very stressful situation. pls advice. Thanks!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
maxis 10 yrs ago
Dont know the full legal position, but this guy hass your stuff, you dont know where it is, and he wont let you contact him.

I would call the police.

Cindy08 9 yrs ago
I'm sorry to hear that. Those doings are so not good. The next time you encounter something like this, like actually you don't know what to do, and then someone offered you to do it for you, don't hesitate to say NO. Skip it and don't entertain it for good. You have no assurance what's the target and intention of the offer and the people who offer, and I know that in the long run you'll suffer it. So please, don't go if you have no assurance at all. Just an advice.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad