Time to reveal the heartlessness of some of the landlords in Hong Kong

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by smookie 10 yrs ago
I have a landlord of WING HING Commercial Building, Sutherland Street, in Sai Ying Pun. I picked the office due to location. The landlord is heartless and treats tenants really appallingly 'because he can':
a. Caretaker Pakistani (family of 5) earn below the minimum wage and sleeps in the lobby and cooks in the lobby. This can be quite embarassing if one brings clients here but surly is a danger hazard due to cooking in the lobby? Can anything be done? I tried to seek support/assistance but there is no landlord body or .... whatever body..?
b. The management fee is collected every month but landlord refuses to replace light bulbs on the fire escape or render ANY service. The caretaker who sleeps in the lobby advises there 'is no money' Can anything be done? I tried to seek support/assistance but there is no landlord body or .... whatever body..?
c. all costs on maintenance are lumbered on tenants - the recent building ordinance requirement to have all external windows inspected and secured was lumbered on tenants. Can anything be done? I tried to seek support/assistance but there is no landlord body or .... whatever body..?
d. The Central air conditioning system - if broken down is the cost and care of the tenant. A compressor unit of the old system is HK 80K in my unit.... Can anything be done? I tried to seek support/assistance but there is no landlord body or .... whatever body..?
e. The toilets do not flush in the building and is the 'repair of the tenants' - I have completely replaced the toilet in my unit and the plumber advised the pump at street level pumping up to the roof top is insufficient in power and that the tank is never at the level it should be - I am advised this is the 'tenants problem'. Can anything be done? I tried to seek support/assistance but there is no landlord body or .... whatever body..?
f. The elevator is constantly out of order as sadly the HK inspection standards are not quite maintained with second rate contracting and we just had a week without an elevator - ON HK ISLAND!!!! IN MODERN FIRST WORLD HK. Replacement of a badly frayed cable caught in time .... WHAAAAAAT!!!!!!???? and the installation of the new cable that takes 0.5 days normally according to EMSD in HK - is taking 3 days... starting to understand why people protest!) Can anything be done? I tried to seek support/assistance but there is no landlord body or .... whatever body..?
So why am i still here ? in 20 years the landlord has NEVER refunded a deposit!!!????
Anyone got some advice? Can anything be done? I tried to seek support/assistance but there is no landlord body or .... whatever body..?
I can send you the landlords full name and address...
The arrogance and the brutality of landlords in HK is really increasing - I do not mean to generalise - maybe time has come to start a social media or FB page with the 'Worst' and the 'BEST' landlords in HK to get humanity back in society as we all know HK and miss in HK of late? It would be nice to know ahead of time where NOT to sign a lease?

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad