Bed Bugs

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by frangullas 8 yrs ago
Hi,

I recently found that I have bed bugs at home... And it is killing me. Can anybody recommend a company that can eliminate them? I have contacted a few, but so far, either I get high prices or no security that they will kill them....

Any suggestions?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
QueenieS 8 yrs ago
I had the same problem a year ago and I tried a company called "no bedbugs-HK" or similar, (don't remember the exact name right now). I had previously tried another company and it didn't work for me (Synergy cleaning). This one I thought they were very professional and they knew what they were doing. Inf fact I haven't seen any bed bug since. Hope it helps and good luck!!! I know how difficult it can be.....

frangullas 8 yrs ago
Thanks!!!!
I've already contacted them and they are coming tomorrow to do an inspection.

Newhongkie 8 yrs ago
Please, keep updating... I am interested too....

frangullas 8 yrs ago
OK,
Just had the inspection, thanks Queenies, the guy who did it is very professional and he actually showed a lot of knowledge and care!! They will come to do the heat treatment next Tuesday...
Newhongkie, ill keep updating

scorpio01 8 yrs ago
you will not get rid of them this way

i have gone through all this and wasted over 50K HKD just with these nonsense companies

bedbugs hide deep in the crevices and give eggs there and can survive up to 18 months without their food(your blood).

my apartment somehow got infested with bedbugs, and they spread to every single room.

the only trick that worked is as below, and i can assure you from my 3 years of nightmares that only this will work cheaply and effectively

1) check your bed and mattress, they hide in the corners of mattress, if possible discard the mattress and get a new one, if not then spray any regular insecticide and kill whatever you can.

2) shrink wrap the mattress tightly multiple times, so that the eggs or bugs still inside cant escape and any new ones cant enter.

3) get empty cans (i used empty paint cans) and put every can under the legs of your bed and fill them up to half with water and put some oil on top (i initially poured turpentine oil as i had some left over after some renovation) and later i would just spray insecticide to top them up every week or so.

4) move bed slightly away from the walls and make sure blankets etc dont fall on floor when you sleep or bugs will just climb on blankets defeating the entire exercise.

5) repeat the same with every bed that is used to sleep,

6) always wash clothes at the highest temperature available till the bugs are eliminated.

i maintained this for at around 12-18 months, till i was sure there are no bugs and it was tough sleeping in a mattress wrapped in shrink wrap (of course you can put bed sheets over them).

i spent nothing less than 50K HKD on a conservative estimate and still had bugs and only above method helped me, been bed bug free since 4-5 years now.

good luck, feel free to ask me if need anything.

frangullas 8 yrs ago
Dear Skorpio01

Thanks for your advise!!!!!! and sorry to hear that you spent so much money....

Unfortunately, I am not capable to follow your recommendation.
They gave me a price that is below what I paid for my mattress (so throw it away would be more expensive), I already tried to use several (all I could find) different sprays, bug bombs etc... Unfortunately, those didn't fix the problem, if so, it just got worse and I had all that chemicals (believe me, a lot) around my home. The treatment that I got is chemical free (I have kids, so that is a plus) . About the cans... I wish I could, my bed has a storage under and I can't put cans under legs that I don't have ... And they found bugs not only in the beds, but surrounding areas too.

I will try them and, once they gave me a 45 days guarantee, they will repeat free if still having bugs... Anyway, the guy who did the inspection (and seemed very knowledgeable) told me that, so far, they have never had to repeat the service.

Once again, thanks for your advice and I really hope that it is helpful for other people...

scorpio01 8 yrs ago
bugs would be EVERYWHERE, even in places where you can't imagine

even for me, it was hard work, certainly not for everyone.

I wish you good luck.

QueenieS 8 yrs ago
I don't know but to me 12-18 months doing all this seems too long. I'd try hiring the services of a company first but of course, that's just my personal opinion. To me it was totally worth it the money I spent but maybe I was just lucky.... Hopefully you will be lucky too!!!

frangullas 8 yrs ago
Finally i had the heat treatment done yeaterday...
And they did as expected, they worked for nearly 12 hours at my home, everywhere was extremely hot and they sent me pictures of the thermometers during the treatment. I didnt did much before or after the treatment.
And, finally, after over a month, one night without a single bite!!!!!!
If that was not enough, they will redo free if i still have bed bugs!!!!
I totally recommend them!!!: No bed bugs HK

ebriel 8 yrs ago
Would appreciate if you post in a couple weeks after the next life cycle of the bed bugs (the eggs) have completed.

frangullas 8 yrs ago
Ok, i will keep posting.
So far, not a single bite...

frangullas 8 yrs ago
So as requested by Ebriel,

2 weeks after the treatment already and I am sleeping like a baby... Not a single bite since then. Apparently the treatment was efficient and I can say that my home is bed bugs free!!! and still have around 1 month guarantee...

unattendedbag 8 yrs ago
Do these bed bugs actually bite you at night and cause you to wake up?

frangullas 8 yrs ago
That is how i found out.... So many sleepless nights!!!!
It is the worst thing in the world!!!! Im so happy now that they are not in my home anymore!!!!!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad