Living in Manila

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by ebow3d 7 yrs ago
Does anyone here have experience of what its like for a western family to live in Manila?
I might have a job offer there. The job is a good one, but I wonder what it is like for a family with two teenage girls to live there?
I know there are traffic jams, some common crime, etc, but will it be safe for my kids?
Any experience/info/advice is welcome.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
bananaq 7 yrs ago
When you say Manila it is the capital city which is the cultural area. If you live in Makati city its no longer Manila but part of Metro Manila. need to know the actual place of your work. if you live and work in Makati, it should be very safe especially if you live in the high rise condominium or the gated exclusive subdivision. Lots of school for your two kids too and lots of shopping malls, big supermarkets western restaurant you name it. If your worrying about the traffic, suggest you live close to your work. taxi is available including uber. thats it just always be street smart.

ebow3d 7 yrs ago
Thanks for the info, BANANAQ.
It would be most likely Makati. Traffic, etc is not such a worry for me, but my main worry is safety for my kids.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad