Help with bad landlord

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Sarahpeee 7 yrs ago
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if there is an agency I can contact to get advice relating to our landlord?
Thanks
Sarah

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
searchlight 7 yrs ago
I need the same thing. We have been in this flat for 7 years we have paid the landlord 6720000HK$. we now have to move, we given 2 months notice and yet they want to keep the $150000HK deposit. the flat is in better shape now because of us than it was when we moved in.

JennyTalia 7 yrs ago
My SWMBO & I own our flat - so this doesn't arise for us; but I recall reading - loooong ago - that one aggrieved tenant placed the shells of cooked up (& eaten) prawns in the hollow curtain rails & in other hiding places around the forcefully vacated flat, and the NEXT tenant and the Landlord battled to find the source of the ever-pervading stench for weeks.

philohk 7 yrs ago
Hi. If it's not too late start with the Rent Officers at the RVD:

http://www.rvd.gov.hk/en/public_services/tenancy_matters.html

Most solicitors will also give you a free consultation to see if you have a case. Hope this helps. I'm not a lawyer but have been a tenant and landlord (and litigant) in HK, could give you some advice if you post the situation.

emilyneil 7 yrs ago
Hello there,
Sorry to hear about your troubles. In the UK there a certain deposit protections schemes that landlords must sign up to, in order to legally resolve these disputes without large legal fees. Maybe it is worth checking to see if there is a similar scheme in HK.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad