Women returning to UK or Australia

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by NvanHattem 7 yrs ago
Being an expat has it's amazing benefits and I love it. The immersion in different cultures, travel, food adventures, new hobbies, shopping opportunities, creating new friendship circles, developing new skills and exploring career and business opportunities and so much more.
It also has many challenges such as juggling many priorities, keeping the family in Hong Kong and back home happy, managing your weight, finding a support group, coping with cultural and geographic differences in food, work style, lifestyle and so on.

Oh what fun being an expat is. It changes you for life!
But what about when you leave the expat life and return home?
Now you are no longer an expat but a repat!

When you get back home you are changed, you don't quite fit in to the old crowd, you've had adventures and your mind has expanded.
Your family and friends back home may not be able to relate to you stories or understand easily what you have experienced as an expat or what you are going to face as a repat.

Depending on how long you have been away and what you have experienced during your time as an expat, you may find it challenging to cope with all the challenges of settling in back home as a repat.
I recently did it.
I was away for nearly 20 years and when I returned home, I didn't know where I fit.
It took me nearly 18 months to find my place again (and many times I just wanted to leave back to my expat life!) and to really shine in my new world and I'd be so happy to answer any questions you have about how you can easily make the transition a smooth one, so you can be settled quickly and ready to thrive again.

If you've also recently experienced being a repat - I would love to know how long it took you to settle in, what were the challenges you faced, what surprised you about going home that you hadn't expected and tips you have for others to help them to "repat" easily.
Nicole xo

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad