Buyer beware

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by lefty 7 yrs ago
Hi,

I recently moved to HK and had bought a used dehumidifier that it turns out doesnt work - the dehumidifier's display works fine but it doesnt collect water. The service centre's estimate for repairing it is around 1500 so I might as well buy a new one rather than sink anymore money. The seller didnt respond to any whatsapp/call/text (blocked on whatsapp now). I had agreed with the seller to buy the dehumidifier on 13th July and collected it on morning of 15th July. To my surprise, the dehumidifier is still listed on the website with the date of listing as 15th July. Posting the link so that you can avoid the seller if this is a scam as I believe that otherwise the posting would not have been renewed:
https://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/classifieds/other-home-appliances/c4c6bd74-9379-4a4d-b0e9-8639749ab766/26l-mitsubishi/

A piece of advice for newbies to HK like me if you are buying used dehumidifier - check if the dehumidifier gives out warm air.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 7 yrs ago
Thanks for posting this --- we have been banning these people but they pop up with different email addresses...

We are looking at other means to keep them off the site including requiring anyone posting dehumidifiers to give us a copy of their ID card + a landline which we will test before we allow the ads to go live

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad