Consumer Rights in HK - Apple 10 XS Max issue

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by anon85 6 yrs ago
Hi,

I needed advice on a consumer rights in case of delivery of damaged / non-performing goods. I purchased iPhone XS Max from Apple's website. In 10 days I realized that the phone is not able to connect to WiFi at a distance while at a same location other phones can show full strength. Also the phone had issues with connecting to LTE network. The signal strength on LTE network is weak and phone call drops abruptly. Upon search, I realized that this problem is reported by several users worldwide - in fact users reported it on Apple website itself.

When I contacted Apple, they refused to return and refund money - stating their policy for non-refund in HK. Outside Hong Kong, Apple has 14 days return and refund policy. They offered replacement of phone. However, Replacement is not a viable solution given that it's a problem with whole series for which Apple has not offered any technical solution yet. If the replacement also has same issue, then effectively there is no solution.

A phone that cannot connect and shows poor network strength to WiFi and LTE, and cannot allow user to have a call, is missing the most basic feature of a phone. Does HK protects consumers under "warranty of fitness for a specific purpose" allowing the consumer to rightfully return the substandard good and get full refund?

Did anyone experience similar situation? How did you deal with it?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
bananaq 6 yrs ago
of course they will not refund you the money. they will just replace the phone.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad