Parking ticket

Search  

ORIGINAL POST

Posted by Diego 36 days ago
I am thinking of parking my park in the street in front of my building instead of parking in my building car park (HK$6,000 per month!!!).
Once you are given a parking ticket, can the police add another one to it the same day?
Or does it stop at one?

COMMENTS

londongrime 35 days ago
https://www.dimsumdaily.hk/new-amended-guidelines-will-allow-police-to-issue-unlimited-parking-tickets-for-each-vehicle-in-a-day/

dipak128 29 days ago
10th May 2019 – (Hong Kong) Police have recently amended their internal guidelines to allow traffic summons to be issued every 30 minutes instead of 2 hours as before. If you park illegally at the no-parking zone for 2 hours, you may be fined for HK$1,280 (HK$320 per parking ticket). In the past, there was a cap of 4 parking tickets issued per vehicle. After the new amendment, car owner may receive unlimited number of parking tickets within a single day.

The new amendment will also allow police officers to exercise their discretion to tow away a vehicle which obstructs traffic after 2 parking tickets are issued.

Police will not announce to the public the commencement of the new guidelines. They will take effect immediately when the amendments are completed.

bananaq 29 days ago
the best way is not to own a car in hk.

< Back to main category

Login now