New job - MPF transfer and investing the rest

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Febs 48 days ago
Hi,

I've just changed jobs, and previously had my pension invested in an ORSO account. As I understand it, I'll need to find a new home for my MMB (Minimum MPF balance), whilst the remainder (over and above MMB) will be transferred to my bank account as cash.

This link suggests that if I do nothing for 3 months, my existing scheme provider (HSBC) will set up a "Personal account", with the same investment instructions as I had previously, and keep my MMB in there.

I was happy (enough) with how HSBC was treating my pension, so to me it seems like this would be the far easiest option? Just do nothing and let them open a new account, and things tick along as-is?

Is there anything obvious I'm missing - any reason I should definitely not do this, and go the trouble of researching and finding a new MPF provider? (As I said, I was relatively happy with their performance).

The other question is what to do with the rest! Paying down my overseas mortgage is tempting, but unfortunately not a good time from an FX perspective. Without trying to solicit financial advice, has anyone been in this situation and found a fund they've been relatively happy with?

TY!
Febs.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now