Joint bank account in Mainland china

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by seiknight 18 yrs ago
Hello, does anybody know if it's possible to set up a joint bank account in china (mainland) between my wife and myself. She says its not possible ( which I seriously doubt).

As of now, all the monthly savings goes to an account in her name. which is definitely not good.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
douglaskoh 18 yrs ago
You can setup an account under your own name.

You can setup an account under joint name. However, as withdrawal in China is normally by PIN, it does not help you guide against her.

Meiguoren 18 yrs ago
When I first got here, I tried to set up a joint account at Bank of China, branch inside Garden Hotel. They told me the account had to be in one person's name. I had a translator with me, so it wasn't a communication issue! TIC. Maybe some other branch or different bank would have a different rule!

seiknight 18 yrs ago
so there really is no such thing as a joint account in mainland china? Since Bank of China is one of the biggest banks here, i doubt smaller banks will offer the joint account option too. thanks for the reply guys.

I do have my own account but I just wanted to make sure the family savings are in a joint account.

douglaskoh 18 yrs ago
I heard from the web that Bank of Communications offers such account.

RLAP 18 yrs ago
As far as I know,you can open an saving account under one of your name in HSBC China, and assign the other to be the authorized signature for any transaction.

seiknight 18 yrs ago
thanks for the great tips guys, i do appreciate it.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad