surgery for helper in hong kong

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by nigella 7 yrs ago
My helper has been having gynaecological problems for about a year. The government hospital in Hong Kong recommended surgery.
She just returned from her annual leave and had the comfort of seeing her own doctor back home (who also recommended surgery). So now she decided she will go through with it.
She is indifferent to where she has the surgery. I would prefer her to have it here in Hong Kong, especially because she has already seen doctors here and insurance covers Hong Kong only (and she just returned from her leave).
My main concern is that I have been told government hospitals are left with inexperienced doctors. We have good helper insurance but we would have to pay a huge difference if it is a private doctor in a private hospital.
Has anyone had a helper with a medical problems require surgery in a government hospital? If so, can you share your experience? Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ed 7 yrs ago
It is my understanding that the doctors at private hospitals also work in the public hospitals....

I have been told that public hospitals often have better equipment as they have greater funding --- and that in some emergencies --- patients are referred by private hospitals to public hospitals for that reason....

Perhaps others with more knowledge of this might provide better info.

You could also ask your GP for advice....

gjcarey 7 yrs ago
My experience with public hospitals is very good, at least in terms of the procedure and follow up care. There may be issues with the attitude and communication skills of some doctors and nurses, but that's the way it often is in the public sector.

I wouldn't worry about it.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad