Dermoid Cyst

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by s1 18 yrs ago
My baby has a dermoid cyst. We have consulted a few doctors already but I want a few more opinions. Can anyone recommend any good surgeons. Also I have been told we should consult plastic surgeons and not paediatric surgeons. Is that correct?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Matilda 18 yrs ago
If you would like information of the sugeons with clinics at Matilda International Hospital please feel free to give me a call.

Lynne 2849 0328

Matilda International Hospital

Hong Kong

http://www.matilda.org

dp 18 yrs ago
You're right to look for more opinions on this. We went to a general surgeon in HK who was eager to make a fast buck with my baby son's dermoid cyst - he basically scared us into thinking the cyst had to removed immediately and even took a deposit for the surgery. We then consulted a paediatric surgeon in HK who said there was no rush but the cyst should be removed at some point because there was a small risk it could rupture - so we should come back to see him later. Finally, we showed our son's cyst to a an eminent paediatric surgeon from the UK (friend of my father-in-law, who unfortunately doesn't live in HK) who basically indicated that we had been scared unnecessarily because he has seen plenty of dermoid cysts in his 30 year career but not a single one had ever ruptured - he told us an operation was entirely unnecessary even for a very active child. This opinion was also confirmed by an experienced paediatrician in HK - Dr. Maurice Leung. Unfortunately, I think the HK surgeons we saw were acting more in their own interests than in my son's. I would recommend you have a chat to Dr. Leung (at Canossa).

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad