BBQ Recipes

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by whiskey 18 yrs ago
I've just bought my first BBQ and am very excited!! Does anyone have have any good/easy BBQ recipes they can share?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Claire 18 yrs ago
Barbequed bananas with roffe sauce

(serves 4)

Ingredients

115g unsalted butter

115g soft brown sugar

1 tsp ground cinnamon

125ml dark rum

150ml double cream

8 bananas in their skins

Method

1. Heat the butter with the sugar, cinnamon and rum and simmer until the sauce begins to thicken, stirring from time to time.

2. Add the cream and whisk until the sauce emulsifies. Do not let it boil.

3.Place the unpeeled bananas on the barbeque and cook until the skins have blackened all over and are just beginning to split. Let them cool slightly and let everyone peel their own bananas, serve the sauce separately.

yankeesabroad 18 yrs ago
My favorite BBQ marinade for chicken is easy and keeps in the fridge for a month or more. It is 1 cup cider vinegar, 1 cup water. You let the chicken sit in this for 4 to 8 hours and it tenderizes it and takes on some of the vinegar flavor. Then take the chicken out and sprinkle both sides heavily with garlic powder, onion powder, "seasoning salt" (I use Lawry's brand from Gateway),paprika and black pepper. Grill over medium heat (if the chicken has skin it can flare up from the fat a lot). This is my favorite chicken for over 20 years.

Then on the side you can brush eggplant slices, zucchini slices (long way), and red and green peppers that have all been brushed with olive oil. Grill till tender and grill marks show on both sides. UMMMMM! Serve at room temp with a dash of balsamic vinegar.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad