Modelling Working Visa

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by TK77 9 yrs ago
I'm a model in HK with working visa for almost four years. Apparently, my agent will not help to apply my working visa anymore, although I still have 2 more years modelling contract with them. My working visa will be expired this month. The agent told me that my signed contract is worldwide and not stated that they need to help for my working visa. It is really weird that I can't work in HK without working visa but still have contract with them.

From the contract, there is a clause that I can terminate with 3 months written notice. Therefore, I did send the termination letter to them.

Please kindly let me know if I can terminate their contract immediately and sign for other agent for my new working visa. Also, if they don't have any written confirm by notification for termination, after 3 months should I be free? I never had that kinds of experience with very bad company. Please please help!! Thanks

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
scorpio01 9 yrs ago
hope you have sent the termination by registered post at least, otherwise they may deny receiving any letter.

TK77 9 yrs ago
Yes I did use DHL to send. Thank you so much for your reply. It is very frustrated to meet those unreasonable company. :( I never heard that they can't do the visa for me but still want to keep my contract!! Now I'm worry about the 7 years count of the HK PR since I have to wait for 3 months before apply a new working visa with other company. Therefore, I need to use a visitor visa to entry HK for 3 months since my working visa will be expired in November and my contractor termination is in October. :( if immigration is not accept my reason, the past 4 years will not be counted for 7 years to be HK PR.

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
if you use visitor visa then your continuity will break, and you will have to start again for the 7 year run.

your best bet is to apply visa now while you are still on a valid visa.

anthea777 9 yrs ago
You are not supposed to work here without a valid working visa - 1) if you pop in and out of Hong Kong and rely on your visiting visa, then that visa only allows you to visit and not to work; 2) if you work here, you need to report to the Inland Revenue Department and you are supposed to pay tax. Make sure you dont break the law. Therefore, you must properly get a working visa before you work here.

TK77 9 yrs ago
I wish I could apply the new working visa with the new agent. Apparently, I have to wait until 3 months notice finish, then I will sign with the new agent and apply for new working visa. During the 3 months contract termination notice period, I will use my visitor visit to entry HK and will not work. Only sad thing is I can't continue for the 7 years count to be HK permanent resident.

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
you may have to read the contract, it is possible that your company have abandoned you, and you may start with a new company and start visa process, and by that time your 3 month period will also be over and you can start with a new company then.

check with some lawyer or something who can have a look at your contract and advise you.

if I were you, i won't allow my company to hold me hostage and murder my 3 year mileage in the process

TK77 9 yrs ago
Thanks Scorpio01!!! I'm actually asking the local lawyer and see what he respond. Seriously, it is not acceptable and they are the one abandoned me and not I resigned at the beginning!! Thank you so much for all advises, finger crossed.

Do you think if I signed the new company and started the working visa process during the 3 months termination period, the previous company would notified from immigration even though I provided the notification of contract termination to immigration from me? That's what I'm worried the most!!! The worst case is wait for 3 months then sign a new company, but I might lose the 7 years count of HK PR.

scorpio01 9 yrs ago
you can contact Massey and Clement, they are good in visa, not that expensive..

he might give some free advise as well, ask for Mr. Massey, he is a kind British gentleman.

TK77 9 yrs ago
Great, thanks for your help and advice!! ;) Fingercross!!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad