full and final settlement acknowledged and signed

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by zengoddezz 11 yrs ago
my DMH has fully accepted and signed a mutually agreed and very fair setllement for her contract termination. To my suprise, she decided that she is not happy with what she received and complained to labour department requesting for more pay out days after the termination.

Do I need to entertain this absurdity?...or can this case be considered settled?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
punter 11 yrs ago
I think you're going to lose by default if you don't appear.

Shoe Girl 11 yrs ago
Sounds like she's going to say that she was coerced into signing the agreement. Punter is right, if she's gone to Labour Department and they set a date for a hearing, if you choose not to appear then you will have an order made against you.

associates 11 yrs ago
You have to “entertain this absurdity”….there is a process that you need to comply with; the Labour Tribunal will contact you …the good news is that very early on in that process, the Labour Tribunal will ask the parties to state their case and try to arbitrate a sensible settlement. No legal representation is allowed though you can obtain legal advice as to how to approach the Tribunal and how to best deal with their questions.

Weir & Associates

Solicitors & Notaries

16th Floor Tak Shing House

20 Des Voeux Road Central

Central

Hong Kong

Tel : 2526-1767

Fax : 2868-3568

Email : WeirLaw@HongKongLaw.com

www.HongKongLaw.com/weirlaw

< Back to main category