Computer Technician and Pirated Software

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by ldldjr 18 yrs ago
My guess is that the tech simply used an automated system copy utility, rather than sitting there and going through the process. The tech doesn't need to copy the cd's to steal you "copy" of XP, simply the serial number. The only reason for copying the cd's that I could think of would be if they were mfgr specific and will only install on a specific brand (unless the cds the tech had for some reason got damaged). I find the idea of the tech using a bootleg serial number specifically for some "easy Dollar" purpose hard to accept.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
matt24 18 yrs ago
raincatcher_is_back - why don't you call him and ask about the problem??? Rather than having you report him to consumer affairs, he'll probably come back and fix the real issue for you. After all, thats what you wanted, right? I feel many service people in HK do only what is necessary and fix problems only when they are raised "the squeeky wheel gets the grease" - you know what I mean??

Rexx 18 yrs ago
raincatcher_is_back - I think you just picked the wrong technician. I used a Computer Troubleshooter referred by a NET teacher. He was good, handy and explained everything he did in good English. He did not ask for my CDs, but he did install a new Windows with my sticker. My documents, contacts & emails were not lost at all. He has an ad in asiaxpat, if I am not wrong. I highly recommend him.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad