South Lantau - Pui O? Good neighbourhood?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by odie18 14 yrs ago
My husband and I are considering moving to South Lantau Island with our 17-month-old daughter. We've only looked at places in Pui O so far, but it looked really great!

We've heard good and bad comments about Pui O. Is it a nice neighbourhood? I've heard there might be village politics there.

Other than Pui O, any recommendations on where to live in the area?

Thanks!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
rlloyd 14 yrs ago
South Lantau is a Lovely place to live with a great expat community.

However there are some low level tensions in Pui O, again this is very localised and it depends which parts of Pui O you are looking at.

Ham Tin village is lovely with no problems at all if you are looking there then i can heartily recomend it. - its a totlay seperate place to up the hill.

If you are looking at the villages up the hill in Pui O you might want to ask some more questions as Some (but not all) of the bits up the hill dont have such a great atmosphere.

rlloyd 14 yrs ago
Re the second half of your question

Ham tin in pui o, San SHek Wan, Tong Fuk, are great villages with car access (mostly).

Mui wo , Wang Tong Village is may favourite of the mui wo vilages and probably cheeper than the other places, no direct car access though but you can park about 5 minuites away, and you can walk or cycle to the ferry in the morning in 5 minuites. not to fond of the other Mui wo ones.

Shui Hau nice but a bit far out

Tai Long Wan - really really far out but lovely

Leighburn villas and CHung Fu street have villas with pools if thats what youd like.

I would reconmend you get an agent to show you a broad range of propertys before you decide

odie18 14 yrs ago
Thanks, rlloyd! We looking in Ham Tin and in and around Lo Uk. It's very pretty there.

Can anyone living in Pui O that can provide some information about the atmosphere there? Which bits are the good bits on the hill?

SouthLantau 13 yrs ago
You can check with HomeSolutions.hk They have great expat agents that know the areas well. Good luck!

aaronshih2001 11 yrs ago
Pls. think before u r really wanna to joined the Political Village in Pui O, special on the Sun Wai Hill area; cause their r one of the Ho Families that always getting so much trouble for the Village' and they always block the main road that stuck all cars to the area; as far just 2 weeks ago one of the GTR that been total damage the fron n the back wind screen n together with the damage the body' pls. think it clear as u r still wanted to move in....

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad