any mobile plan with unlimited email connection Skype and/or MSN, Yahoo IM?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Diego 14 yrs ago
Are there any mobile plan offered by HK operators offering unlimited email connection + Skype and/or MSN, Yahoo IM?

Thanks for your help!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
evildeeds 14 yrs ago
What you are probably looking for is an unlimited data plan and a phone that has all the features you require.

Most operators have some sort of unlimited plan, albeit that of Peoples is 2G (GPRS and EDGE). The rest of the features would come down to the handset you chose. Skype, MSN and Yahoo all have dedicated programs for some phones but there are other all in one IM packages that combine them all such as Fring, Palringo, IM+, etc.

Now if you are looking at push email then if you have a Nokia you can use the new Nokia Messaging service that has push email BUT the HTML is pretty dire. There are also Push email programs such as Seven which also support push IM as well and works across Symbian, Android, WinMobile, etc. Apple support Gmail and Yahoo push as well as their own MobileMe which is both a push app for email, contacts with full sync to your PC(s).

So options are pretty much endless. Take your pick.

axptguy38 14 yrs ago
The PCCW unlimited 3G data plan is just over 300/month. That's in addition to the voice call and SMS/MMS costs.

They also have a Blackberry plan for about the same price. This offers unlimited Blackberry push email but not other Internet traffic.

"if you have a Nokia you can use the new Nokia Messaging service that has push email BUT the HTML is pretty dire. "

So dire that PCCW discontinued it and offered free Blackberries to the users instead. I detested that Nokia program.

evildeeds 14 yrs ago
I detest it too. The push is extremely quick but the view is appalling. Far away from iPhone or BB. Apparently it's free for now but will become chargeable, according to Nokia. How they can charge for that crap is beyond me!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad