Cheap Curtains??

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Kiwie 15 yrs ago
Hi,

Can anyone help!!

We need to get curtains done at a good price (cheap) but as I’m 8mths pregnant I don’t want to travel out to Shenzhen. Are there any places in Kowloon?? HK Island??

Any help, guidance or details would be appreciated.

Thank you

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
sea princess 15 yrs ago
Hi

We just moved into our apartment and used Jade Deco in Mong kok (ask for Kevin). We have a lot of windows in our apartment and wanted roller blinds with a UV blockout on the rear. The cost of these were significantly less than everywhere else I tried, including Wan Chai. The installer was fantastic and the finished product was great also, especially considering the price! I went to the shop with approx. measurements, chose the style and fabric, then paid a small deposit and they then sent someone out to measure. They were made within 5 days!

It was pretty easy to get to, even dragging my small child with me! Take the MTR to Mong Kok East and exit at Fa Yuen Street. You will come to the market area and he is about 20 metres in a shop front on the right side on Fa Yuen St (164 from memory?).

Good luck.

salubrious 15 yrs ago
Hey Kiwie,

I have some very lovely ones already made and they are looking for a new home.

Send me a message if you wish to know more.

Sal

house101 15 yrs ago
sea princess - how much did you pay? How many windows?

sea princess 15 yrs ago
Hi house101

I have sent you a PM with all the details.

cheers

Boof 15 yrs ago
Hi sea princess can you let me know too? thanks

deschatjes 15 yrs ago
Try Julie Yeung at Young collection, she measures, makes, and hangs them for you. Also excellent for making removable washable covers for your sofas (had all mine done when had babies to stop the stains...) and great duvet covers and quilts. YOur imagination is the limitation. We've used her for 10 years now and never been disappointed.

youngcol@netvigator.com

+852 25455413

rm 702, Conwell House

34-38 Stanley street

Hong Kong

evev 15 yrs ago
Yes do try Julie, she's great. She came highly recommended by someone who used her for years and years and I've had curtains / blinds for two apts made by her. The shop has moved but the phone number is the same.

Marie3 15 yrs ago
I know someone who comes from Shenzhen to your house who would also bring samples. I have a 2100 sqft house did blinds and curtains for my whole house which includes 5 bedrooms, living room windows by the staircase, kitchen (I have a huge floor to ceiling glass panels in the kitchen) maid's room it only cost me HKD12K...if you are interested let me know I shall give you the details.

Kiwie 15 yrs ago
Hi Marie3,

Wow that sounds perfect, could you please send me details?

Thank you!

sea princess 15 yrs ago
Boof

I have sent you a PM with cost breakdown, but in a nut shell 16 windows in a 2300sqft house for $9,000hkd. Original quote $10,000hkd, but a little room for negotiation!

Cheers

Marie3 15 yrs ago
Good morning Kiwie,

The contact person is Billy 92484770 (the son of the owner - he speaks english and translates for his dad. Dont worry he speaks perfect english). The cost I gave you is based on the best quality material and the blinds are wooden so it depends on what you want it can be much lower in cost. At least you know using the good quality materials still cost reasonable. Hope this works out for you. Have a nice day and don't stress yourself too much there is always something that you can find in hong kong :-)

candybon 11 yrs ago
Hi, I just got some curtains made at Discount Curtain in Wanchai and thought i would share information for those who might need it. I paid $2,000 in total for 3 rooms including on site measurement and one curtain rail (i installed it myself) of course it depends on the fabric but you can find some good ones relatively cheap from $40 per sqm, same price as Ikea. I splurged a bit on my master bedroom and got a black out curtain which cost around $1,000.

Discount Curtain

Tel 2528 6028, 69259922, Mr Lee (he speaks English)

Flat 1A, Mountain View Mansion, 2-10 Swatow St. Wanchai

Please note, I do not get a commission nor work for this company.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad