Witch Hazel

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by little berry 18 yrs ago
Hi everyone,

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for some distilled witch-hazel. Does anyone know where I can get some?

When my hubby was in the UK, he could easily got it from drugstore, but seems that it's quite difficult to find it in HK.

I have searched on the Internt for some products, but seems that they don't deliverto HK either.

So is it possible to get it in a local drug store?

Thanks a lot in advance

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Claire 18 yrs ago
Haven't bought this in years but have bought it HK. It's not something you'll find on the shelves. Try asking the pharmacist at larger Watsons or Mannings, or a large private pharmacies. I buy/find most things at Fanda in Central.

You may find that the pharmacist - most speak English - may not be so familiar with the English name. A rough pronunication of the Cantonese is GAAM LOUH MUI. Louh is a lower tone than gaam and mui.

MarissaB 18 yrs ago
http://hongkong.asiaxpat.com/forums/practical/threads/88666.asp

little berry 18 yrs ago
Thanks all for your reply.

Claire,

Could you give me the address of Fanda? Is it a pharmacy?

I may go to Watsons in Pacific Place and see if they have any.

Claire 18 yrs ago
I rarely go anywhere else. Fanda has most things, and a little cheaper. It's actually calls Fanda Perfume but it has a very well stocked pharmacy with knowledgable staff. And they have a computer in the back to check anything they don't know. It's also a good place for generic items. I use one generic item from Canada and another from Australia - saves me $$.

Shop B, G/F, World Wide House, 19 Des Voeux Road Central, Central

Shop 7, G/F, Mirador Mansion, 60a Nathan Road, Tsim Sha Tsui

But try Watsons in PP if you're passing. I recall going in there for something but they didn't have stock. The pharmacist suggested another larger branch, but of course I went to Fanda.

little berry 18 yrs ago
Claire,

Thanks a lot for the info. I do hope that I can get it at Fanda tomorrow. I really need it rather urgently.

coral 18 yrs ago
There's a place called HealthQuest in Happy Valley that had it before the summer. They also have an outlet inside the CitySuper in Times Square but the HV shop might have more merchandise. You might want to call them to check.

little berry 18 yrs ago
I've been to Fanda today but the guy looked very puzzled when I asked him about witch hazel. I've also tried the Watson's today but they don't have it either.

My husband's been having problems in his thigh and he says that he's tried witch hazel and it works

Maybe tomorrow i'll call Health Quest and ask

Claire 18 yrs ago
If witch hazel works, why does he still need it? Is this something he should really see a doctor about but refuses to go?

little berry 18 yrs ago
Thanks everyone for your advice. My hubby's got another bottle of stuff to solve his problem temporarily, but would want to get it for him just in case.

Claire,

Actually he had that problem about two or three years ago. And now he's having it again.

Claire 18 yrs ago
lb> Checked with another friendly/knowledgable pharmacist I know and he confirmed that witch hazel hasn't been available in HK for several years, no market for it. And he actually suggested something I was going to suggest, tea tree oil (100% pure).

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad