Driving Lessons

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Britchic 18 yrs ago
I would like my helper to learn to drive. We live in the Sai Kung area, can any-one recommend a driver instructor and how much it is likely to cost? I have been in touch with the HKSM and they have a 25 lesson package with all test fees inc. for $8,700 - is this reasonable? There seems to be very little choice of instructors....

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
crj 18 yrs ago
If you go to the DMV office in Admiralty, there is a board with a listing of many certified instructors and what languages they speak (C, M, E).

This is an alternative to a formal driving school, and works well for many people.

micchira 18 yrs ago
I was referred to Raymund Fung by another driving intructor, as I'd like to take my driving test in HK side. The one I called earlier took care of Kowloon side only. I believe the instructors operate based on the test areas i.e. HK side, Kowloon, and NT.

Maybe you can just call up Raymund and ask if he can refer someone who takes care of NT. Actually depends on where you want your helper to take the test though. She can just take the test in HK side, thus saves you the troubles of looking for another instructor.

Can't remember exactly how much it cost me for 20 lessons + test. Am outside now, will post it later when I find out. A bit pricey, yes..... but it only took me once... never failed, thanks to Raymund :) He'll give you tips on how to do certain manouvers that'll be asked during the test.

Good luck!

aussieinhk 18 yrs ago
Be careful! My DH's employment contract specifically says that driving duties are not allowed, under any circumstances. The clause says: (Last page, clause 4) "The Helper should only perform domestic duties at the Employer's residence. Domestic duties to be performed by the Helper under this contract, exclude driving of a motor vehicle of any description for whatever purposes, whether or not the vehicle belongs to the Employer."

Britchic 18 yrs ago
Thanks for your advice but actually all you need to do is once the helper has passed the driving test is obtain permission through the immigtration by way of an Addendum to the Schedule. They are only allowed to drive kids to school and for shopping purposes.

micchira 18 yrs ago
Hi it's me again,

It's HK$3750 for I think 20 or 25 lessons, including the car rental for the practical test. Best to call him up again to check, his no was posted above by hk trader, as I took the driving lesson 2 years ago.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad