art supplies

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by phil hayes 15 yrs ago
hi I am looking for a good art supply shop especially looking for riso screen printing supplies.

Anyone got any clues ?

thanks

phil

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Gumnut 15 yrs ago
There are art supply shops in Sai Yee St Mong Kok and you could ask there. I am looking for pottery clay and glazes but so far no luck.

Yujanice 15 yrs ago
There is one on Bute Street, next to the footbridge. They offer discount for those with students ID

4G 15 yrs ago
Artlad in wanchai

I think its Lockhart road

tanyabennett 15 yrs ago
Artland in Wanchai is definitely the best. Also, a 4floor store in Mong Kok on Tung Choi st, towards the end past the ladies mkt... mostly stationary and accessories and a bit of a jumble but some good value basic suppply finds. Hope it helps

bakfaiyau 15 yrs ago
Art Supply shops in Shenzhen Painting Village Da Fen are fantastic. Go to Lowu, get a taxi from underneath the metro (these are the legal taxis) and say "Da Fen Cun" (pronounced Swun). Otherwise show Da Fen on the taxi guide from the Map of Shenzhen which is on sale in Dymocks bookstores in HK. (eg IFC, Princes Building, Lyndhurst Terrace, Repulse Bay etc)

Taxi takes about 40 minutes and costs about RMB40. Nice Hakka restauraunt in the cobblestone square there for cheap but good lunch. You'll have to wander around to find the lane with all the art supply shops but its great when you find it. The village is not big so it won't take long and there's no hassling visitors so its easy.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad