Philippines/3 weeks

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by dcrochet 18 yrs ago
I would sincerely appreciate a recommendation for Island hopping through the Philippines. At this point I only have planned 4 days in Boracay. Single male travelling solo without any idea as to the best locations and economic travel. Beach and night life preferred. Thank you for any input.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
annebin 18 yrs ago
If coming from HK, you can fly direct to Cebu, from thereon you can "island-hop". CEBU-BOHOL-BORA-PALAWAN. You can google SeaAir, Cebu Pacific for flight schedules, or WG&A Superferry (super cat I think has return trips between Cebu-Bohol)

CEBU

Camotes Island

Bantayan Island (Sta. Fe/Ogtong Beach Resort)

Malapascua for some diving, but limited nightlife

BORACAY

Don't miss Hey Jude bar and resto. Excellent music and great pizza

Cocomangas has this 15-still-standing booze binge that you MUST try

Red Coconut, Seawind, Waling Waling are fantastic resorts; but for something more economical, SeaBird Behind Red Coconut has excellent value room rates and F&B.

PALAWAN

Club Paradise in Coron Island

Lagen Island, El Nido in Northern Palawan

Amanpulo (not really for the budget-conscious...)

BOHOL

Panglao

Forgot the name of this other resort..will get back to you later..

If you are coming from Manila (or have time to swing by), you can also visit

PUERTO GALERA, MINDORO

3-4 hours from Manila by car then ferry, you can stretch your budget at the resorts here. Sand is not as powdery white as Bora and the resort rooms are not luxurious. Try Coco Beach Resort.

I would stay longer in Bora..

Have a fabulous time!

Zeeke 18 yrs ago
Where in Boracay would you be staying?

I'm planning for a short getaway there so I'm kinda doing some research on the best resort to stay in.

Taps 18 yrs ago
Found this, try www.manilatimes.net archives, access 8 September, Friday issue of Life&Times.

francis palmares 18 yrs ago
you would be enjoying it more if you try the RORO from Manila first stop is Puerto Galera then Boracay then from Boracay go to Ilo-Ilo to a ship trip to Cebu then off to Bohol. Well I havent done the latter but am planning. paranor33@yahoo.com

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad