In HK, need whole nutmeg/cloves

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by hkcooking 13 yrs ago
Hi there! I get my cloves for $5-$10 (think it was more $5 but I forgot) for a bag from a local spice shop in North Point. The address is Marble Road. MTR A2 exit, turn right, cross Shu Kuk St and you reach an outdoorsy wet market, it's one of the shops on your right hand side hidden behind the stalls. It's an old style spice shop with spice names written on these gigantic yellow square cans- you can miss it if you look! :) Good luck!

Alternatively an Indian shop may carry them too.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
wildcharming 13 yrs ago
i did use normal white sugar and not confectioner's sugar. let me try again and i'll let you know if i can get the meringues totally dry!

RA 13 yrs ago
Hope you found your spices, otherwise take the MTR to TST. Chunking mansion has lot of Indian grocery stores, you will find all your whole spices and very cheap!

mimi star 13 yrs ago
Hi there, there are a lots of spices and other ingredients that is cheap in Indian grocery near kowloon park just across the road on the right hand side of muslim mosque, above watson store. The shop call Maharaja's Indian Emporium, add: Room 205, 2/F Haiphong Mansions 99-101 Nathan rd. MTR exit A1, Tel: 27565611. You have to pass through the luggage shop and take the lift.

Hope you will find all you need.

Sanyahingoo 13 yrs ago
You can also get these spices at the indian stores in chung king mansion and the building next to it called mirador from the indian grocery store...

chromiselda 8 yrs ago
I get mine at regency spices. Works out very well priced if you use a lot cause they sell bulk.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad