Contract sucks!

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by salepepe 15 yrs ago
My husband works for an Italian co and he is not on an expatriate package. He is given a package which covers everything from home rental, kids schools, medical etc. Not even a pension fund which is very important in Italy.

He has just found out recently that one of his Italian subordinates based in Bkk, who joined in 2 yrs after he did, will be receiving a pension fund. I dont know if this guy is a better negotiator but it really sucks to know that my husband who is his superior does not essentially get the same kind of benefit.

He recently spoke to the Global HR Director who mentioned that my husband will not be getting the pension fund bec this is a new thing initiated by the company for its Italian workers abroad (fyi, my hubby's Italian) but since my husband is on the old contract, he wont be getting the pension fund.

This, to me, sounds like a whole lot of crock. Just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this or something similar. My husband's been working for this company for 3 years now and has done extremely well. I dont think he is being compensated enough.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
salepepe 15 yrs ago
Yes, he did sign the contract. But surely it is unfair that newer employees reap the benefits of a newly initiated law. Hardly bodes well for equality.

My hubby, being the highly prudent man he is, started a pension fund scheme for the both of us when he joined the company. As well as other investments he has made, we will not lack for much. That is, however, besides the point.

Do not quite comprehend the 'free cash salary' concept that you mentioned, Mark. Also you need to bear in mind, that the cost of living in Bkk is far lower than HK.

cookie09 15 yrs ago
forget other people and don't compare. salary negotiation is a individual task and includes many aspects.

if he doesnt like his package (incl./excl pension fund, allowances, etc), then he should walk. if he is not willing to walk, stop whining and work

ceeh 15 yrs ago
salepepe, I am a Global HR Director and unfortunately (for you) I have to agree with what you have been told by your husbands HR person. If it is company policy to introduce a 'beneift' to new contracts only then he does miss out. I agree it is unfair but if the 'powers that be' in the company set the rule then the HR person can do nothing about it.

However your husband can negotiate to be included in the company pension fund at his next peformance review / salary appraisal time. Until then don't make waves about it with the company - bide your time and then discuss at review.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad