USB problem

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Lugan 18 yrs ago
Hi,

My computer has suddenly stopped recognising my USB devices (camera and XHD).

Actually it knows that there is something plugged in, but does nothing about it!

Unfortunatly my version of windows xp is in Chinese (no way of turning it english is there?), so I am unable to try to work around this problem, without making it worse!

Thanks for your help

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
BigDon 18 yrs ago
You might be able to switch to "English" using the following method: Click on "Start" button, then open up the "Control Panel" (Icon that looks like a box with a pencil making a check-mark), then try and find the "Regional and Language option" (Icon sort of looks like a little "Globe"). Once there, from the different tabs in the Regional & Language Options box, select all your options over to an "English" choice. Once that is done then "OK" everything. You may need to do a restart of the computer before the changes take effect though.

As far as the USB not working, that's another matter though and could be any number of problems (software and / or hardware). Did you install any software recently that may have caused the conflict that made it stop working properly? You could try doing a System Restore (Start, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore), and pick a date to before the problems first occurred.

Another option might be to try and have Windows re-install / re-initialize the USB devices by perhaps "Un-Installing" all of the USB's you find from the Device Manager, then after Uninstalling all the USB's, do a "Scan for Hardware changes" or simply re-start the computer and XP should (hopefully) now see the USB devices and then automatically "install" the drivers and such for them.

Of course before doing any changes like this, it's good to make a new System Restore checkpoint, and trying any of the options I mentioned is at your own risk as there's no guarantee it will fix the problems.

Best of luck.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad