what is the best beach closest to Sai Kung Pier?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by tmeade 16 yrs ago
Hi,

I'd like some input on the best beach closest to Sai Kung Pier. Dai Long Wan is great, but if the water is choppy, it can be a difficult ride out there. I've been to Long Ke and that's not bad. Just wondering if there is anything closer which has clean water and clean sand.

Thanks,

Tim

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cd 16 yrs ago
The nearest beach to Sai Kung pier is Hal Moon Bay, which isn't bad. The nearest one to Pak Sha Wan is Trio Beach. we really like Millionaires, and Little millionaires, and Sai Wan beach.

SweetSue 16 yrs ago
We have been using Sai Kung for our outdoor recreation excursions for many years, hiking, biking and swimming. Regretfully this last summer work has been keeping us quite busy and the weather hasn't always been inviting. So it was a great relief to head out the other day with visiting friends and kids to enjoy a swim at Kiu Tsui or Hap Mun Wan. But I was dumbfounded to find the sampans have doubled their prices to $40 head R/T. Before it has always been $20 head unless during the off season when they try to gouge $150 one for the trip. I completely understand it is quiet when it is out of season but a 100% increase in pricing during the high season is very excessive. Anyway as a matter of principle we refused to pay them these prices and headed back down the road to Pak Sha Wan for the $10 per head R/T tickets to Trio where we had a great time. I am not sure we will be using the Sai Kung sampans anymore and making out to Hap Mun Wan or Kiu Tsui anymore unless on our normal company junk trips.

cd 16 yrs ago
sorry, that should read half moon, having trouble with the f on our keyboard.

190k 16 yrs ago
You can actually walk to Trio Beach. It is a pleasent stroll from Diu Min Hui.

neenib 16 yrs ago
Are beaches in Sai Kung area only accessible by sampan? Or can we drive somewhere directly and preferably without a hike or a walk too far or steep?

The reason I ask is we have a baby and I want to be able to get up and go when I need to without the hassle of having to catch a boat somewhere, then wait for it to take us back again.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for easily accessible beaches on Kowloon. We have been to Big Wave Bay and it's great, but obviously living on Kowloon side, it would be great to drive somewhere on this side. We are early risers, so no problem leaving at the crack of dawn!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad