notary service



POSTED BY msnglnk (9 yrs ago)
where do i go to get my hk marriage certificate notarized? my wife (prc chinese) and i got married in h k but it seems that neither the prc or the US will recognize an hk marriage certificate unless it is notarized by a licensed hk notary public. we are coming to h k soon. so where do i get it notarized?


associates (9 yrs ago)
[UPDATE] Please note that fee quotes stated in historic postings may be out-of-date.

HK$400.00 standard fees set by the Notarial Assication.

Weir & Associates

Solicitors & Notaries

16th Floor Tak Shing House

Theatre Lane

20 Des Voeux Road Central


Hong Kong

Tel : (852) 2526-1767

Fax : (852) 2868-3568

email :

msnglnk (9 yrs ago)
can i get it notarised here? i don't think the US immigration will care. the prc visa office here told me i couldn't use it for my visa unless i got it notarised in hk. but will they even notice if i do it here? someone also told me i couldn't notarise the original. is that true? will notarising a copy pose difficulties?

Kumander (9 yrs ago)
check out the law society of hong kong website - they have a list of notaries and the fees are standardised. yes the consulate will care and the prc can notice and then....

msnglnk (9 yrs ago)
whats the link for law society of hk?

Legal Assistant (9 yrs ago)
where can I get a notary public who charges $400? The ones I asked (about witnessing an affidavit) asks for $1500. Thanks.

metoprohk (9 yrs ago)
You might as well find us helpful, please contact us for a quote via

daipaidong77 (7 yrs ago)
If you are American and want something notarized, the US Consulate offers notary services for US$30 (cheaper than HK $400!!). You just need to make an appt on the HK location of the US Consulate online.

daipaidong77 (7 yrs ago)
not sure if the previous post included the link.

More info here:

< Back to main category


You must be logged in to be able to reply. Login now.