Evening gown for black tie event

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Nutmeg 12 yrs ago
Any suggestions on where to purchase a reasonably priced evening gown in Hong Kong? Willing to spend up to HKD 5,000, but need it in a few days. I have tried Sparkle in Peddar Bldg, but no luck there. Western size 6.

I heard the Prada outlet in Ap lei chau? Anyone know if they have evening gowns?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
sellmystuffhk 12 yrs ago
People have suggested before to try the Bridal shops.

There is a sample shop chain that has one location in Wan Chai (on Wan Chai Rd walking towards CWB before Burrows St) and another in Causway Bay (Lee Garden Road by the old Mitsukushi) that caries a lot of gowns. The front of the shop usually has a pile of sweaters, gowns in the back. It would be hit and miss, but worth a try. You could get it altered quickly.

community advice 12 yrs ago
Prada, Ap Lei Chou Tel. 2814 9576 at South Horizon, near East Market, take Bus 590 from Exchange Square. They have a few size 36 - your size. Diana Freis also sells evening gowns, and many of the factory outlets sell them also, and sometimes one can find "a gem" hidden beneath a lot of rubbish - Wanchai, Southorn Playground. I have a lovely pale grey silk dress I paid a fortune for, with sequins all over, BUT VERY tasteful, you are very welcome to borrow - it is sheer silk, see through, with silk underdress. Do calll CAB Janet 2815 5444 - worn once!!!!! unfortunaely I have gained weight, but it is absolutely lovely. Regards Janet Pride

Susie1 12 yrs ago
There is a place on Stanley Market sells lots of evening dresses, and alters them to fit perfectly quite quickly.They did mine while I went to lunch in one of the restaurants.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad