Question about PCCW Contract transfer : What happens if the plan has to be changed ?

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Mibtu 7 yrs ago
Couldn't get a firm answer from PCCW yet :
In the case of a PCCW contract relocation, if the plan can't apply to the new place (a Fiber plan that's transferred to a place where Fiber isn't available, for example), what happens ? I guess that the plan gets updated, but is there a financial penalty besides the 680HKD transfer fee ? Is the contract expiry date reset (that'd be lame) ? Anyone has any experience with that ?

I'm moving to a walk-up soon, and it's only covered by the infamous "8Mbps, 298HKD, 24 months contract" PCCW plan. I'm considering getting a second hand plan to avoid the long commitment duration, and I'm wondering how it'll goes if a different plan is transferred to me.

Thanks !

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
JennyTalia 7 yrs ago
If you have i-Cable outlet socket in this flat, try to find out if it is capable of providing you with an ISP connection **&** a "landline. Both are MUCH cheaper than the "Let's Rip 'em off" Spamvigator.

i-Cable has been serving my flat for years now - with seldom a "hiccup" - and a mere pittance of PCCW's offerings. I kicked out the Spamvigator gang ~4 years ago and saved a bundle of loot !!

Mibtu 7 yrs ago
Thanks Jenny ! I checked with iCable, and they're not serving the area. Same for Smartone, HKBN, and Three Broadband. As much as I know, I'm stuck with Spamvigator...

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad