Chocolate/Candy Easter Eggs

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by 24 19 yrs ago
We're having a children's party over Easter and I've found that bags of chocolate easter eggs in HK are a total rip-off! I saw alot of variety in GREAT in Pacific Place but they are completely overpriced. Something like HKD80 for a bag of not-great-looking eggs which would be less than half the price in US/Canada. Just couldn't buy them because I hate getting ripped-off.

Does anyone know where one can get bags of small chocolate/candy easter eggs that are more reasonably priced?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
MaryKay 19 yrs ago
Welcome is usually cheaper, good luck!

ness 19 yrs ago
I bought lots of little packets of M&Ms for a party the other day at PNS. They are in individual triangle shaped packs - they were on special. They should also have lots of little eggs for sale soon too. I do hear that a lot of people get easter eggs sent from home though. At Kids Club in Central they were selling little plastic easter eggs that I filled up with jelly beans and m&M's - this may also be an option.

Claire 19 yrs ago
24, are the ones you buy in Canada/US produced in Canada/US? This is why they are cheaper. You must remember that all these items are imported by air, hence the increased price. Yes they are expensive but are totally unnecessary luxuries. As with most things, you don't HAVE to buy them. Why not buy real eggs and decorate them?

24 19 yrs ago
Thanks Ness, good idea about filling little plastic easter eggs. but where is the "Kids Club"? Do you mean the "Toys Club" store (15/F) in the high-rise building across from Galleria?

Claire - we thought of decorating real eggs but actually we wanted the chocolate/candy eggs for the kids as a treat to eat afterwards and eating a real egg isn't as yummy.

ness 19 yrs ago
Sorry - was up all night with sick kiddies, yes I meant Toys Club.

24 19 yrs ago
Thanks Ness, will check it out today.

And thanks everyone but it looks like our Easter egg hunt party is going to be rained out on Sunday anyway! The weather forecast looks bleak.

Claire 19 yrs ago
24, if it's raining the kids can pass the time and do the decorating. Don't boil the eggs. They should be blown so the kids can keep them afterwards. Saw special egg decorating kits in Olivers.

Amyvalentine 19 yrs ago
Everyone has already said this, but I saw some chocolate eggs, bunnies etc., in Wellcome Repulse Bay and Park N SHop Stanley. But these things are always double the price of North American prices; you'll get used to it...it's the same for Halloween and Xmas candy! Maybe Gateway has Easter candy-does anyone know??? By the way, I found Easter baskets and decorations at Toys Club, but no plastic eggs or candy.

24 19 yrs ago
Claire, thanx for your great tips but the kids are only around 2 years old so probably too young to decorate the fragile eggs. they'll probably break them before they even get to the paint.

BrownEyes, which PnS did you see the marshmallows. was at Hopewell Center in Wan Chai and they had barely anything there. I guess there's only selection at the Repulse Bay and Stanley areas.

dsabline 19 yrs ago
If you live in NT, I saw the marshmallows in Tai Po Center and Hong Lok Yuen PnS.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad