Leaving Hk

Search  

ORIGINAL POST

POSTED BY Chiquita12 (14 days ago)
Hi, i'm a domestic helper and my contract will end this Dec.14 and i will not renew anymore. I informed my boss about it. Then she asked me to give her a resignation letter before Nov.14. Do i really need to give resignation letter?since i will be finishing my contract by Dec.14 after 6 yrs working with her?!

COMMENTS

Boundaries (14 days ago)
Hi There,

No, a resignation letter isn't necessary as you mentioned you will be completing your contract.

Should you provide a resignation letter it could be read as "break contract" which isn't the case.

bananaq (13 days ago)
no need.

Chiquita12 (13 days ago)
Thank you so much for the replies but yesterday i send email to POLO and they said
"Giving notice of termination is necessary whether you are finish or not finish contract worker. If you are a finish contract worker, you should still provide notice to your employer, however, the reason will be finish contract and will not be renewing your contract. You are considered a finish contract worker if you have 23 months of service with your employer. You may be released one month before the expiry of your working visa. "

bananaq (13 days ago)
yes but it is not a resignation letter only a notice of end of contract to your employer that you will not renew. totally different from resignation letter

Chiquita12 (13 days ago)
Yes, that exactly what I meant to my employer. It is possible i can get my LS? Since i'm entitled for that.

Boundaries (12 days ago)
https://www.labour.gov.hk/eng/faq/cap57l_whole.htm#q6

The link above is the Labour Department guidelines on LS.

As far as I know you are entitled to Long term service on completing 5 years, in your case, it will be 6. so, yes.

HKLEV (11 days ago)
If I read the rules correctly severence only due if the EMPLOYER terminates or EMPLOYER does not offer to renew the contract. So if you resign/decide not to renew it does not appear as if you are due LS.

Chiquita12 (10 days ago)
Depends on employer and the case of the helper. I read my contract properly so far my boss ignored about my health problem (ovarian cyst). So i have the reason for that entitlement and about the terms and conditions it says there ILL HEALTH.

< Back to main category

>

You must be logged in to be able to reply. Login now.