Single mother

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by goldenskin88 18 yrs ago
Just post on moms & dad forum and tried to duplicate here..looks like I can't do that..

Anyway, is there any single mothers in Singapore ?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Show_N_Tell 18 yrs ago
There are some, but Singapore is a relatively conservative society in that sense compared to let say HK. It also depends on how she became a single mother. If it was due to a failed marriage, people are more open about it, unlike a pre-marriage accidental conception.

robert1 18 yrs ago
Singapore's conservative, but at least most people are honest. In Indonesia I've met several women with poorly provenenced "nephews" and "nieces". I even met a "virgin" once whose package included bulk stretch marks and 1 inch long nipples. She must've been a single mother 3 times over. But why bother lying about the obvious? It sure beats me!

doncella 18 yrs ago
Ho my g.....ss

totally agreed with JC,

kind kind of a mother denied her own kinds, BTW

I've 3 kids, divorced but I suposed I become single mom...

however people react wierd as soon as they know you have kids

Show_N_Tell 18 yrs ago
Having said that, if the single mother is caucasian for whatever reason, chances are the public (locals) will be more receptive. The younger generation are alot more open minded than their parents. This might be totally out of context but it's still a taboo in many cases when the eldest son of a chinese family brings home a wife-to-be who is a single mother.

goldenskin88 18 yrs ago
Thanks for your view on the topic, I agree with the conservative society ! Sometimes, it's even considered better to stick for a lifetime to a so-so relationship..

Actually, the purpose was just to check if there are single mothers - would rather have said divorced or separated raising their kids here in singapore - sometimes feel I am the only one here and I just can't believe that !

So ladies if you are around, mid 30 - mid 40, show up !

goldenskin88 18 yrs ago
:o) just to make sure I am clear ... I am a single caucasian mother myself !!!!!!!!

LOL undacoverbratha - it's true that "goldenskin88" can lead to different understanding.. I just didn't realize it !!! No No No I am not a m.....f.... !!!

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to make it clear !

Ooops, BTW you've been deleted !!!!

gracelimsingapore 18 yrs ago
Singapore has few matured single mothers but not many, some pull it off well very little help. Government and local employment market don't believe in single mother ability. I am a single mother too, and yes Singapore is a pathetic place for a single mother to live in.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad