Looking for a good child custody lawyer

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by chunster 6 yrs ago
Dear All

Just wondered if anyone can refer me on a good child custody lawyer:

Myself and my ex-partner (a local HK woman and we are not married), have a 6yo boy and in Feb this year, we both decided it was best for me to move out, which I have. Since Feb I have evidence that my son has been left home alone regularly for long periods (upto 8hrs at a time), even when was ill/ sick. I found this out as I hired a PI to follow her for a week, plus I have also followed her since Feb whenever I can.

I have reported approx. 10 home alone instances to police and social services, both depts dragging their feet due to “insufficient evidence” (since no one had filmed the inside of the flat when my son was left home alone, per police), even though my son has confirmed on the film/ phone that he was home alone at the time.

Social services have even had the cheek to push their responsibilities to the teacher at his primary school, saying that the teachers will check on my son daily – unbelievable! My reply to this was: the teachers are there to primarily teach and not monitor the welfare of a child, although they can help, if required.
Both depts just will not help, adding that just give my ex more time to adjust and improve.

Last week, apparently, the authorities have given my ex a stern and final warning and will monitor the situation but I cannot see how they will monitor this as most of the home alone instances happens after my son is asleep (ie late evening from 2300hrs onwards). Currently I am working night shifts therefore cannot see to this otherwise I would.

If it wasn’t down to me doing my detective work then none of the above would have been discovered. On one home alone instance, she went to an illegal mah jong gambling den in the middle of the night and returned home around 7am to take my son to school, as if nothing had happened. The police responded by saying that since no one followed her into the mah jong place and saw her playing mah jong inside then no can do. We only had photos and film of her going into the place (this place had triads inside and out so we can only do so much in terms of filming).

By law, since we are not married, my ex has full custody of my son and currently not allowing me visit him since I have reported her to the authorities.

At the end of the day it is my son that is suffering and being neglected and the authorities seems not too bothered. There are signs of verbal and physical abuse also but again the authorities sighted that since no actual video footage and no one saw this happening then nothing they can do. I only have voice recordings of this happening. Needless to say I have zero confidence on the authorities now and will take matters into my own hands, legally of course.

I have been quoted total of HK100K- 150K from lawyer in Central to take on a case like this and have been informed that it will be a long and nightmare-ish process, as one would expect.

If anyone has been through any similar situations or have any advice good/ bad pls feel free to PM me.

Many thanks in advance

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
yanxianming 6 yrs ago
Father and Mother have equal rights and responsibility for custody and support of the child even if they are unmarried, subject, of course, always to the contention from the Mother that the kid is not your natural child, which then need be determined by the court. You can apply to the court for an order declaring the father-child relationship and seek appropriate order for custody of the child and/or access to the child. Check a Hong Kong law firm www.yanlawyers.com or more information.

Please support our advertisers:

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad