Cough & sore throat during 2 week wait after Embryo Transfer

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by alijbj 16 yrs ago
Can anyone advise what I can take during my 2ww. Been having a cough (esp at night time) and sore throat and have been taking fresh juices with garlic but not really helping. The embrylogist advised not take any sort of chi medicine and just advised throat drops.

Also bit worried if this will affect implantation, I have 5 more days until i go for preg test.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
axptguy38 16 yrs ago
I'll give our helpers great recipe again. It won't heal you but it does soothe a sore throat quite nicely. She has had the whole family on this for a couple of weeks and it surely makes life easier. I'm pretty sure none of the ingredients have any contraindications.

For one cup:

- 1-2 cinnamon sticks broken in half.

- 1 piece of fresh ginger about 2x2x2 cm, peeled and cubed.

- 1 tablespoon of honey.

- Fill to the brim with hot water and drink warm.

- For children under 1, honey is a big no-no. Substitute with brown sugar. This really helped our 9 month old with her cough.

alijbj 16 yrs ago
Thanks axptguy8. Will try out your recipe. I had just plain ginger water 2 nights ago but that only stopped me from coughing for an hour.

tx

axptguy38 16 yrs ago
Well, it's not a cure, but I hope it helps for more than an hour.

exeter 16 yrs ago
Hope your 2ww ended in a BFP. I had the flu on the day of my ET and still managed to get pg, so don't worry too much.

alijbj 16 yrs ago
Hi exeter,

Thanks for your blessing. Yes, I ended up with BFP. Am now 5 weeks pg...finally got rid of the cough & sore throat! Going to see my doctor this Fri, think it will be the first ultra sound since tested positive along with other blood tests.

Poseidon 16 yrs ago
Hi alijbj,

so happy for you that BFP is the happiest thing for IVF programme user.

May I know during Lucrin (phase 1) and Lucrin with Puregon (phase 2), can I continue to go gym exercise like step (cardio) and Yoga ? ANYONE could given advise ?

Will the results being MINUS if I still continue to exercise or should I stop ? ANYONE encounter joint pain, short of breath, blackout, during exercise ?

Any advises appreciated !!

PCOS and HYPOthyroidism diagnose.

axptguy38 16 yrs ago
I would agree with Cara (there we go again). If you are blacking out stop.

As a rule of thumb, your pulse should not go over 140, otherwise anything goes. However if you are taking stuff you need to ask your doctor first.

Poseidon 16 yrs ago
Hi all,

How about any calcium supplement during your Lucrin/lupron shot or Lucrin/Pueregon shot ?

Any food or drinks or nuts that we should not take that will effect the IVF results ?

Thanks

adelinalee 12 yrs ago
i have article about this cases.

read ; http://strepthroatsymptomss.com/strep-throat-symptoms-treatment-and-prevention.html

thas a good solution..

katielim0102 12 yrs ago
Try "Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa", it tastes like honey. I swallow slowly the syrup for quick relief. You can get it from drug stores like mannings or watsons.

Or if you are worried about the Chinese Medicine, you can swallow the honey instead.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad