can anyone recommend a good doctor

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Bluelulu 16 yrs ago
I am working and living in Shanghai and just recently found myself pregnant. I want to have the baby in Hong Kong instead of Shanghai and will be back the week after next to book a doctor and hospital.

Anyone has similar experience? Or a good doctor to recommend?

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
Ann_hall 16 yrs ago
Hi, Bluelulu

I think you should go to see Dr Joe Chan. He delivered my girl about 2 years ago. He is wonderful. He is patient, very caring and professional. He is also pro-natural. Our family is very happy to have him as our dotocr.

He delivers babies in HK Adventist, Matilda and also HK Sanatorium. His no. is 25233328. I am sure you will find him trustworthy.

hannahlove 16 yrs ago
Hi, I echo with Ann hall that Dr joe Chan is really good. I started seeing him after knowing my previous OB cannot work in the Matilda. I found Dr Chan is really patient and caring. He is never rush. He always listen to my concerns and questions, and help me making my own decisions.

I think he is far better than my previous doctor. I am now 5 months' pregnant and expecting my girl in August. I will definitely use him.

lollies 16 yrs ago
Hi I too agree with Ann and Hannah that Dr Joe Chan is a fabulous doctor. He delivered my baby girl 6 weeks ago at the Matilda. Throughout my whole pregnancy i always felt reassured when i went for my visits. If i had any worries or queries i would email or call him and he would always email or return your calls if he was too busy. The staff at his clinic are also very friendly. I will definitely see him again if we decide to try for no.2

Hayzee 16 yrs ago
I gave birth yesterday at the Matilda Hospital and Dr Alex Doo delivered my little girl.

It was my third baby, in as many years, so I was hoping for a short and sweet labour. Turned out to be 15 hours long but I put that down to having to be induced. To cut a long story short (literally) I went from 4cm to 10cm in 10 minutes! Even after receiving an epirdural, I began to get breakthrough pain as I dilated so quickly.

Dr Doo raced in to the delivery room as soon as they told him I had dilated from 5 to 10 in 10 minutes.

He delivered my baby in 2 pushes without any tearing or cuts and he truly is an amazing Doctor.

I saw Dr Doo throughout my entire pregnancy. He wondeful every time.

If you are looking for the best Obstetrician in Hong Kong to deliver your baby, then look no further than Dr Alex Doo. You can find him at his clinic in Central, at The Women's Clinic in Central Building (3rd Floor).

Thanks Dr Doo, you're the best!

JaniceM 12 yrs ago
I am not too sure Dr joe chan is good.Quite disappointed with him actually. I had second miscarriage and wish to have a total check up. I have been visiting him since every time I was pregnant. So, I thought he would be the doctor I should go to in order to have the checkup for the reason of miscarriages. However, I scheduled a date with him on the day I was diagnosed with the miscarriage for the checkup and had my husband to come along as he needed to be check for the chromosome as well. Dissapointedly, when we arrived, he wasn't ready, the lab was closed and some of the tests have to check instantly. We can't do it. We were asked to come in on another day. Considerably, my husband is busy, it is very hard for him to travel all the way from Guangzhou to hong kong.I feel very disappointed plus already feel helpless for having multiple miscarriages. Furthermore, I have double reminded the nurse to inform the doctor to notify the doctor about the purpose for my visit and I also have sent him an email as a confirmation. Not only the visit ended no outcome with but also I had to paid 800 for the consultation fee for nothing. Overall, I was dissapointed. Friend of my who used to have fertility issue in the past reccomended me dr Philip Ho. I think I will need to go to him.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad