IVF Doctor

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by smithdon 13 yrs ago
Hi. I have seen a lot of threads about recommended IVF Drs. The names that keep coming up are Dr Philip Ho and Dr Alex Doo. I have seen comments on both of them but I wonder whether anyone has had any recent experience of going through IVF with either of them? I am planning to have the treatment at Happy Valley Sanitorium and whilst I appreciate that the hospital and lab are important, I would also like to know more about the Drs. Thanks in advance!

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
paulillian 13 yrs ago
Hi, I seeing Dr Alex Doo. Had my first iui last month but failed. Now I am on my second iui. Have you started seeing either of them?

Mita5chome 13 yrs ago
Dr Milton Leong (the same office with Dr Doo) helped me with my IVF - I had a son, and FET - I had a daugther. Dr Doo helped me deliver my first kid since Dr Leong injured his hand at that time. If you want more info on him, you can send me a message.

smithdon 13 yrs ago
Thanks for the info and replies. I had a consultation with Dr Doo and I really like him. I am going to wait until the new year and then go ahead with IVF with him if nothing happens by then. I am trying my second IUI with another Dr this month. I have been seeing her for a while but after this time, it may be time to move on. Paulillian, how did your second IUI go? Hope it went well :-)

DiscoBayJames 13 yrs ago
Smithdon,

My wife and I recently decided to go down the IVF route, after trying for 3 years...and through recommendation by a woman on DB who had twins, were referred to the IVF practice at Prince of Wales Hospital in Shatin. It is run by Professor Haines (ref: http://www.ivfhk.com/index_eng.html).

If you are admitted as a public patient (obviously a lot cheaper) the waiting list is about 18 months....ouch !! But as a private patient at their clinic, you can get a first consultation within 2 weeks...

We started the process at the end of June....they retrieved my wife's eggs on 1 August.....embryo transfer on 4 Aug....and am elated to report that had our first ultrasound today, and she is 6 weeks & 6 days pregnant...were even able to see the heart beat today.

I found Dr Haines and his staff to be extremely professional and would recommend their IVF practice without hesitation...I would be happy to share with you some of the knowledge I acquired from extensive research I conducted before and throughout the process.....Good luck and God bless !!

GemmaW 13 yrs ago
I am now holding my miracle baby through a successful IVF with Dr Ho!

Dr Ho is a quiet man. He doesn't talk much when he's doing your treatment but he is also very reassuring when you need comfort as the whole IVF process is stressful emotionally. I can take the physical stress of it, even with the injections but emotionally, I was a wreck.. especially during the 2WW.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad