Adopting in HK as a single parent

Search  
ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Sandbm 12 yrs ago
Hello everyone,

I know there have been a couple of threads on the subject but they all died quite a long time ago so I thought I would start a new one!

I am a 40 year-old French woman, financially secure (and single!) who is looking for some advice on adopting a child as a single parent. I am obviously concerned that my application might not be taken seriously because of my family status or worse that I might be put on a never-ending waiting list. I would be very grateful for any information you might be able to share.

Any sucess stories out there?

Many thanks in advance for your time.

Sandbm

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
tedlem 12 yrs ago
I believe that they are not supportive of this for the normal children. They do make exceptions for the challenged ophans.

tedlem 12 yrs ago
I believe that they are not supportive of this for the normal children. They do make exceptions for the challenged ophans.

Sandbm 12 yrs ago
Actually no Tedlem. I have since contacted the Social Services Department and attended a briefing session. There is no discrimination whatsoever based on one's marital status. Single applicants somehow do have lower priority (same for Caucasian couples in fact vs Chinese couples) but it is very much doable. Everybody was lovely at the briefing session, definitely not unsupportive. So all good!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad