HK BIRTH

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by SOON2BRENTS 11 yrs ago
Hi, we are about to give birth in Hong Kong at Matilda. Silly question but we don't keep a car here, so how do you get to the hospital? Would you take a taxi, do people do that? Or my husband was thinking of renting a car for a month just so we have one for when I'm ready to deliver. Any thoughts are appreciated. Also how do you bring the baby back from the hospital, do we buy a car seat just for the ride back? If you can't tell, our first baby.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
cookie09 11 yrs ago
We delivered in the same place and just took a taxi to get there. If you don't live in a busy place with plenty of taxis, then pre-book one when you know that you need to go.

practically speaking this is how it will work:

1. you will think that you need to go to hospital (and most people go too early anyway for their first)

2. call the hospital and they will tell you to come in or not

3. then call the taxi

4. then do anything else you need to do (dress up, grab the bag, call your parents, etc)

5. then go to the street to get a move

usually the time for 4+5 until you are ready to move is enough for a pre-booked taxi to arrive

we just carried the babies in our arms in the taxi when taking them back from hospitals, and i would do the same again. buying a car seat just for that is false security in my view, since you can't fix the car seat in the taxi anyway.

if you look at it rationally, your baby and possibly you would die if you had a serious car accident, regardless whether the baby is in a car seat or not.

i know other people have different views but in my view that is just unnecessary panic mongering that make first time parents buy stuff that they dont need

SOON2BRENTS 11 yrs ago
Thanks cookie, helpful.

mojo12 11 yrs ago
Def get a taxi to go there.

You can prebook taxi by calling the discounted taxis, but there are taxis everywhere in HK!

Was it hard to get a space in Matilda?

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad