Keeping fit while pregnant

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by Misilun 13 yrs ago
I'm interested in finding out what options are available apart form yoga and pilates fit for pregnant women? Can you please share what form of exercise you did or are doing while pregnant?

Looking for a variety of options here with some contact details so I can contact those that fit my schedule and interests.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
bigwhale 13 yrs ago
Walking and swimming were my exercise regime. But in essence, whatever exercise you were doing before getting pregnant, you can continue doing (exceptions being impact sports like rugby, or extreme sports like skydiving).

Misilun 13 yrs ago
thanks bigwhale - I did kickboxing, weights and played rugby so thats why I'm checking what else is available. I guess I could still go to the gym, just changing my program a little but was hoping to get some new ideas and meet new people.

mumof2boys 13 yrs ago
I'm in the same position. I am a dancer and I am continuing to teach dance now at 20 weeks, but it is causing havoc on my body as my ligaments are too loose and I am carrying an extra 10 kgs than my normal body weight....so I would love to have a way to stay in shape that is fun like dance but not as demanding as what I have been doing. nursing a pulled groin muscle tonight after doing hitch kicks across the room with my 10 year old class.......sigh.......gotta stop doing it, but so bored not moving!

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad