Expat (birthmother) Adoption in Hong Kong - Seeking Advice

ORIGINAL POST
Posted by poiuyou 10 yrs ago
Hello,

Having scoured the internet for applicable information and finding none, I'm seeking advice here regarding expatriate adoption.

I am an American citizen living in Hong Kong. I am approximately 5 months pregnant. I have no intention of raising a child but have passed the window of decision for abortion options. For personal reasons it is impossible - or extremely infeasible - for me to return to the USA before the completion of pregnancy. The male involved in the pregnancy is supportive of this decision and willing to submit to any requisite legal formalities. I am indifferent in regard to the nationality of the adoptive family.

I'm seeking information, not tirades/opinions. Thanks.

Please support our advertisers:
COMMENTS
poiuyou 10 yrs ago
I've contacted them, but they suggest the procedure and legalities for an American citizen living in Hong Kong (neither I nor the other involved party is a citizen of Hong Kong; I hold a work visa) is the same as it would be for a local citizen.

I contacted the Family Services Center per their referral, who indicated they cannot be of help as the procedure for an American citizen in Hong Kong would NOT fall under the scope of their services for a Hong Kong citizen. A little circuitous to say the least.

Thank you for the suggestion, though.

essjay 10 yrs ago
Hello it looks rather strange to talk about this on an open forum but we are a married couple since 1984 who last their only grown up son in 2012. We are looking to adopt a child, we are registered with Hong Kong Social Welfare depth who coordinate adoptions.

If interested we could meet and talk you could contact us on 61131755 or essjay675@yahoo.com

Kind regards

Venu and Sanjeev

essjay 10 yrs ago
Hello contact Social Welfare Department Adoption Unit 35951945 or auenq@swd.gov.hk

cavesarah 10 yrs ago
Hi i am living in hong kong and am looking to adopt a child here. I am singke but i have a stable well paid job as a nanny. I have been a qualified nanny for 18 years and i love all the children i look after like they are my own. This is how i know i woukd be a great adoptive mother. I have been thinking about adopting for years and have recently decided to go ahead and am wanting to start the process of adopting. I havent contacted the socila welfare departemnt yet but plan on doing that and registoring very soon. I have had many years of looking after babies and woud make a great mother. If uou would like to talk or meet up please contact me my name is sarah 90812079 or you can email cavesarah@yahoo.co.uk. thank you for this thread.

< Back to main category

Login now
Ad